“To lead people, walk beside them … As for the best leaders, the people do not notice their existence. The next best, the people honor and praise. The next, the people fear; and the next, the people hate … When the best leader’s work is done the people say, ‘We did it ourselves!”
Interim Executive Assignments
If your company is dealing with the sudden loss of a key executive* or needs additional resources to expand into new business areas, here’s something to think about. While you may need help to assure mainstream business continuity in the short term you may not need a permanent hire immediately. Outsourcing a key executive position on an interim basis through Principia may be the better solution.
At its core, the concept isn’t new@. No doubt you already outsource many services on which you depend; lawyers, accountants, designers as well as commercial air, rail and ground transport when needed; and you pay only for what you use.
Principia interim executive services allow you to bring on an experienced leader now who can get to know the culture, politics, and real barriers the business faces while becoming part of the leadership team for three, six, or even twelve months to:
- Advance strategic initiatives that assure your organization stays on track
- Assist senior leadership teams interview and select a permanent replacement
- Diagnose and implement important but sometimes unpopular internal changes
In particular, Principia CEO Keith Cooley is the perfect choice for interim executive leadership assignments in a wide range of circumstances. He has requisite experience across corporate, NGO and governmental entities in an array of capabilities that qualify him for service in:
“Clean Tech” Ventures Manufacturing Supply (incl. ISO certification)
Engineering Design Program Management (incl. International)
Sectoral Workforce Development Government – Industry – Community Relations
Bottom line is Principia:
- Quickly grasps the critical elements of each new assignment and, with senior leadership approval, takes steps to minimize risk and optimize success
- Provides proven, “on-demand leadership” based on more than 35 years of management experience with what works & what doesn’t – to deliver results
- Understands the threat presented by a leadership gap and can bring critical focus to key stakeholders, systems and costs to assure business continuity.
What clients say:
“One of Principia’s great strengths is its ability to get to the crux of a problem in a logical clearly defined manner. I think of the time they helped me prepare for an unplanned visit from a health accreditation and certification agency.
Principia identified the priorities, the teams to be formed and the work process and activities that needed to take place prior to the visit. Their quick assessment and guidance helped us ultimately succeed in renewing our accreditation.” Amanda Caballero-Holmes, Former Executive Director, Latino Family Services
*C level, VP, Cabinet Member, Executive Director;
@ Art Saxby:http://pascohernando.score.org/resources/eaas-executive-service-outsourcing-c-suite